Please contact Rockwell Utilities directly by phone or in-person to discuss any issues with quality of service .
- Rockwell Utilities is required to respond within 14 days of the complaint unless an extension to resolve the issue has been agreed upon by both parties.
appeal to supervisor
If the issue has not been resolved after speaking to the Rockwell Utilities representative:
Customers reserve the right to request a referral to a supervisor which will be made note of on the account and accomplished the same day without delay.
- All customer complaints but be assigned a complaint number that shall be retained by the utility for 2 years.
Priority of attention
ustomer accounts that are disconnected or when a health/safety concern has been raised.
Accounts in jeopardy of disconnection
All remaining requests
appeal to commission
If a customer is not satisfied with the resolution presented by Rockwell Utilities, he/she upholds the right to contact the Illinois Commerce Commission-- Consumer Services Division.
Online: Visit http://www.icc.illinois.gov/consumer/complaint/ for all information pertaining to filing an official complaint with the ICC.
By Phone: You can reach the Commission between 8:30 AM and 5:00PM, Monday through Friday by calling 1-800-524-0795, 1-217-782-2024 if outside the State of Illinois, or TTY at 1-800-858-9277.
If you are contacting the ICC regarding an urgent matter (such as a disconnection notice) please call.
By Mail :
Illinois Commerce Commission
527 East Capitol Ave
Springfield, IL. 62701
during complaint process...
The customer shall pay the undisputed portion of the bill or an amount equal to last year's bill at the location for the same period normalized for weather;
Rockwell Utilities shall confirm the disputed portion and the amount to be paid by the customer; and
- Rockwell Utilities shall note and set aside the disputed amount in its records for the account.
No late fees may be assessed on any amount in dispute while the complaint remains unresolved.
- No late fees may be assessed on a previously disputed amount so long as the customer pays the previously disputed amount within 14 days after the resolution of the complaint and so long as the complaint was made to the utility before the disputed amount became past due.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES AND BILLING
If the customer's complaint involves a service or good provided by a party other than Rockwell Utilities, and the third party uses the utility for billing purposes, then Rockwell Utilities shall make a record in its database of the complaint and advise the customer on how to contact the third party.
- Rockwell Utilities shall refrain from applying a customer's payment towards any amount in dispute with a third party on the bill until the complaint involving that portion of the bill has been resolved.
Rockwell Utilities may not disconnect a customer during the complaint process unless the disconnection is a matter of public safety or cooperation with local authorities.